A beautiful note from a CMS Board of Education Member, February 2013
"Thank you for starting the Foundation for Respect Ability. Your generosity combined with Sid's talent and passion is making a huge impact for so many children and adults. I had the pleasure of seeing your program in action and am grateful for you and your team. Thank you for making this an even better place to raise a child."
Lake Wylie Teacher and Staff Comments from the DLAM workshop. September 2012
- To create a more positive and nurturing environment, paired activities, different strategies for role playing
- I learned to become an upstander
- I learned how to institute the bullying program
- I learned that bullying can occur in many forms. Some that I had not considered as bullying before.
- How my actions (or lack of) can affect others
- The difference between bullying and conflict
- I learned that adults can be bullies too!
Debbie Lolla Woodlawn School, Mooresville, NC
Just wanted to thank you for working with my fourth graders! I absolutely love the song and the message it stands for.
I think it is great that you took the suggestion the kids gave as you finished the product.
Today we watched the video I took and I'll be passing on the song to our music teacher soon.
Happy Holidays to you. Hope to see you in the New Year.
"The partnership with the Foundation for Respect Ability has been most valuable for my school. As a Life Skills teacher for grades K-5, I have implemented the valuable lessons of respect into every one of my grade levels.
Students understand that respecting others is not just something they do from 8 to 3, Monday through Friday, it is what they need to do their whole life!"
Brian Doerer, Principal, Pineville Elementary
"We are pleased to be chosen as the first pilot school by the Foundation For Respect Ability. Their support, lessons and strategies go beyond anti-bullying. They are working hand and hand with our school clientele to increase self awareness among both our students and staff which will strengthen our interpersonal relationships. The data is clear.. .when we feel good about ourselves, when we have the skills to work well with others and when we teach the entire child both the effectiveness of teachers and students increases. We are grateful for their involvement in our school."
Lori Zelenz, School Psychologist, Charlotte Mecklenburg Schools
"I do believe that the foundation had a positive impact on our school community. Personally, I did observe some classrooms really make that shift into a more kind and compassionate learning environment. I do think that a majority of our teachers were committed to the
Andrea McKinney, Founder and Principal of McKinney Academy
"The students were really excited about performing and they were so thrilled to know they were able to make a contribution as it relates to The Foundation for Respect Ability Program. The students definitely gained more insight from your presentation.
I believe every school should take part in such a program. A strong impact can be made in our schools as more young people are made aware of what it means to be an "upstander".
Thank you for sharing your program with our students."
"Childrens comments: ages 6-15
· The music part 1, loved it! ...... Caleb
· What do you do with someone that is mean no matter what anyone does? ………Danielle
.· Great job!....Luke
· Thank you I enjoyed it!.......Elexa
· It was really cool!.........Sarah
· Thank you I loved it! ………Alex
· I did not know there were so many ways of bullying! Wow, thank you for sharing that information…….Isabelle
· Thank you I enjoyed the program! ……Sophia
· Terrific program, thank you…..Molly’s dad
· Allot of fun, kids got involved in the role playing….anonymous
· Excellent presentation……..would like to see more of these……Roger and Linda
· Keep up the great job! Consider going to schools to promote the movement!......Thanks…..Leslie
· Excellent! Everyone who attended was helped! Thank you Sid, you are a talented, caring person!....a counselor
· Great program! Thank You! Keep the message going!.......Mark and Carrie
· Excellent presentation!.......Mary
· Very good program! Interaction and music very positive!.......anonymous